Kitenge aprons made in Kenya by the seamstresses in our sewing program.
One pocket on chest and two at waist. Great for the kitchen and garden.
One size fits most.
Each apron is an original and most of the time they’re one-of-a-kind. Please provide e-mail address and we’ll send you a picture of 3 aprons to choose from.
Wash cold, hang dry.
ABOUT OUR SEWING PROGRAM:
Our sewing program (Enkiteng Program) is our flagship program operating in 3 subsistence farming villages in Kenya, where local seamstresses teach participating women how to sew on treadle or electric sewing machines (depending on access to electricity).
Women in our sewing program learn how to sew first by making our design-patented reusable eco-friendly gift wrapping bags and as the seamstresses become more confident, they learn how to make other products such as these aprons. This is a very important step in the program as they
- support their local economy
- become more confident (making an investment)
- learning small business skills (investment and profit, product development)
- learn how to sew other things such as knapsacks, tote bags, wrap-skirts, aprons and other products
- learn how to sew school uniforms that they can sell in Kenya, becoming independent from our program