Classic chef hat made of lightweight and soft Kitenge sourced in Kenya.
Perfect gift for the new chef or the master chef at home.
Two matching ties in back allows for a customizable fit.
One size fits most adults and teens.
ABOUT OUR SEWING PROGRAM:
Our sewing program (Enkiteng Program) is our flagship program operating in 3 subsistence farming villages in Kenya, where local seamstresses teach participating women how to sew on treadle or electric sewing machines (depending on access to electricity).
Women in our sewing program learn how to sew first by making our design-patented reusable eco-friendly gift wrapping bags and as the seamstresses become more confident, they learn how to make other products such as these aprons. This is a very important step in the program as they
- support their local economy
- become more confident (making an investment)
- learning small business skills (investment and profit, product development)
- learn how to sew other things such as knapsacks, tote bags, wrap-skirts, aprons and other products
- learn how to sew school uniforms that they can sell in Kenya, becoming independent from our program