Set of 6 Kitenge bags
• 2 small bags (for small gifts/ books/ shoes while traveling) Approx. size 15″x10″
• 2 wine bags (for wine and other bottles/ jars/ knitting needles & yarn storage/ flip-flops while traveling) Approx. size 22″x7″
• 2 large bags (for large gifts/ shirt box) Approx. size 24″x15″
Kitenge bags are premier Enkiteng bags* – they are made using traditional African colorful fabric called Kitenge.
The Kitenge bags represent a crucial, next step in our Enkiteng sewing program, where participants learn how to source and invest in local materials, such as Kitenge fabric.
*Enkiteng bags are re-usable cloth gift wrapping bags made of donated fabric that were originally designed to serve as an eco-friendly way to wrap presents. Over the years they have been on the market, they have become SEW much more! They are being used as travel bags, storage for jewelry, shoes, lingerie and many other uses. They are fast, flexible, and easy to use – as well as fun to give – and re-gift!
Enkiteng bags are:
- Fair Trade verified
- Upcycled & eco-friendly
- Multi-purpose and reusable
- Fast, flexible and easy to use
- Socially responsible
- Sustainably made
- Fun to give – and re-gift!
Gorgeous fabrics randomly selected. E-mail us your favorite colors or specific requests and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.